The Department of Science and Technology DST) through the Science and Engineering Research Board (SERB) has launched a scheme titled VAJRA (Visiting Advanced Joint Research) Faculty to tap the expertise of Overseas Faculty/Scientists including Non- Resident Indians (NRI). Hon'ble Prime Minister announced the Scheme during the 15th Edition of Pravasi Bharatiya Diwas (PBD) held on January 8, 2017 in Bangalore. The Scheme offers adjunct/visiting faculty positions to overseas Scientists/Faculties/ R&D professionals including NRIs to Institutions in India. The scheme is expected to undertake collaborative research in frontier areas of S&T including the interdisciplinary areas of national priorities such as energy, water, environment, health, security, nutrition, waste processing, advanced materials, high performance computing, cyber- physical systems, smart machines and manufacturing, etc. and stimulate the latent potential of our academic and research sector.
Application for the Scheme are open for submission from 1st July 2017 onwards through www.serbonline.in. Hon'ble Minister (Science & Technology and Earth Science) has recently launched the web portal for VAJRA. The Scheme details are available at www.vajra-india.in. A copy of brochure is could be downloaded from this site.
- 4th Intentional day of Yoga was celebrated in 20 cities of Ukraine with lots of enthusiasm and zeal on 21 June 2018. Approximately 4861 people actively participated and yoga Aasnas were performed by the citizens of Ukraine and Indian Students.
- People from Bihar are doing magnificent work abroad.
- Passport Seva Devas on 26-27 June 2018
- The 4th International day of Yoga was celebrated in a grand way holding Yoga Marathon on 23 June 2018 at khreschatyk Street in the heart of City at Mariinsky Park in Kyiv, Ukraine
- Bharat Ko Janiye Quiz 2018-19
- On the occasion of 4th International Day of Yoga, Embassy of India in Ukraine organised Yoga Mela on 21 June at one of the central places, Marinsky part in capital city of Ukraine, Kiev
- Letter writing campaign at international level engaging the Indian diaspora.
- 4th IDY - 3D videos of the Prime Minister of India, Shri Narendra Modi, a keen practitioner of Yoga, practicing various Asanas
- Interview with HE Manoj K. Bharti: Breathing benefits of Yoga
- On 21 June 2018, Festival of Yoga at Mariinskyi Park, Kyiv
- Live Streaming of 4th IDY Celebration on 21st June, 2018