Home > Whats New

A business seminar on «India - a Global Power in Pharmaceuticals» was held on 12 December 2017. The event was organized by the Embassy of India in Ukraine and the Indian Pharmaceutical Manufacturers Association (IPMA).

The event aimed for exchange of commercial opportunities, statistics and services available in the pharmaceutical and chemical sectors, with an emphasis on imports and investments. This event highlighted the potential of the Indian pharmaceutical industry for Ukraine and the world as a whole.

The event was jointly opened by the speech of Extraordinary and Plenipotentiary Ambassador of India to Ukraine H.E. Manoj Kumar Bharti and Deputy Minister of Health of Ukraine H.E. Roman Ilyk.

H.E. Roman Ilyk said that India is the main supplier of pharmaceutical products to Ukraine; he underlined the great potential between two countries and expressed big hope for the future cooperation.

H.E. Manoj Kumar Bharti emphasized that the pharmaceutical industry in India is today actively developing and has a great potential in the world. India holds 10% of the global bulk drugs market worth $ 110 billion. It supplies 10% of global pharmaceutical products, 20% of the total volume of global generics, 30% of the total demand for drugs to fight against HIV.

India is ranked third in the world in terms of volume of production and the 14th in the monetary equivalent. Compared to the US, research and development expenses are 12.5%, clinical trials are 10%, and production expenses are 35%.

India is the third largest exporter of pharmaceutical products to Ukraine. In 2016 India exported pharmaceutical products worth more than USD 134 million to Ukraine which was 28% of the total export of India to Ukraine. There is also a great potential of Indian investment in Pharmaceutical Sector of Ukraine. Indian Pharmaceutical Industry aims to achieve the target of export worth USD 300 million to Ukraine in the year 2018.

India manufactures medicines for all therapeutic categories: anti-infectious, medicines for the treatment of cardiovascular diseases, anticancer drugs, for the treatment of HIV, gynecology, neurology, dermatology, for the treatment of diseases of the gastrointestinal tract, respiratory diseases, analgesics, medicines for the treatment of diabetes, vitamins / minerals / food supplements, etc. India exports pharmaceutical products to more than 200 countries. The main markets are the United States, Russia, Germany, Austria, and Great Britain.

1 400 plants, located in India, are approved by WHO-GMP and 253 plants are certified according to EDQM standards, which are mandatory for EU member states.

Extraordinary and Plenipotentiary Ambassador of India to Ukraine said that India's pharmaceutical industry strategy envisages turning India into one of the world's centers of pharmaceutical research with a full cycle of pharmaceutical production by 2020 and bringing it to the top five of the largest pharmaceutical innovations centers.

Head of the State Service of Ukraine for Drugs and Drug Control Ms. Natalia Gudz briefed about some Indian manufacturing plants and mentioned about its high quality of pharma products and also assured of support and cooperation between Ukraine and Indian pharmaceutical manufactures.

The event was attended by about 250 honorable guests including Dr. Menon, Head of the Association of Indian Pharmaceutical Manufacturers (IPMA) and others members of the Association; officials of the Ministry of Health of Ukraine, the State Expert Center of the Ministry of Health of Ukraine and the State Service of Ukraine for Drugs and Drug Control; representatives from UNDP, from pharmaceutical company "MORION"; from the largest Ukrainian pharmaceuticals distributors "BADM", "Optima" and "Venta"; founder of the company "Kusum Pharm" - the largest Indian producer and investor in Ukraine.

More than 30 representatives of the Indian pharmaceutical companies based in Ukraine also attended the event.

The meeting concluded with display of a short video presentations by major Indian producers operating in Ukraine e.g. SunPharma, Dr.Reddys, Aurobindo Pharma, Stride and Hetero.

For more information, please send a request to the e-mail com.kyiv.india@gmail.com or by phone number 044 468 66 61

For More Information Please Click Here

image
image
image
image
image
image
image
image
image
image
image
image
image
image
image
image
image
image
image
image
image
image
image
image
image
image
image
image
image
image
image
image
image
image
image
image
image
image
image
image
image
image